Friday, April 29, 2011

The Ideal tablet

For some time now I've been looking for a good tablet that will do a bit more that the Ipad. For some time I was under the impresion that the Android tablets would take over the tablet market and have apple running for their money. But sadly I was proven wrong and not because the operating system is not good enough but because the companies that build these tablets create their own interfaces and markets sometimes blocking access to the real Android Market place. Another factor that I think keeps apple the top dog is the materials they use in their products. An aluminium device fells much better than a plastic one.

I still believe I will be able to find a good tablet under $300 and can do as much as an Ipad can do and maybe a bit more. To make things a bit harder, I now have to find out if VMware has an Android version of their VIEW product released for the Ipad turning your Ipad in a full fleshed PC running Windows 7 with all the applications your heart desires.

So what do I want in a tablet?

  1. Dual Core processor
  2. 2GB RAM
  3. Bluetooth 2.2
  4. 802.11n
  5. 10" multitouch screen
  6. HDMI out
  7. Front and back facing cameras
  8. USB input
  9. GPS
  10. Compass
  11. Be able to run Flash
  12. Be able to run VMware View client
  13. Be able to connect a USB keyboard if needed.
If I find the perfect tabled I will defenetely will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment